- Remove the wrap from your tattoo after washing your hands with antimicrobial soap.
- Wash your tattoo with your hands only, using antimicrobial soap and warm water.
- Rinse with cold water to close the pores,(this helps with the healing process) and let it air dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once your tattoo is dry, apply a thin layer of ointment, such as Aquatat by H2Ocean, Aquaphor, A&D ointment, etc. Do this about 4 to 5 times a day to keep moisturized. (Do not let your tattoo dry out, this can cause scabbing and irritation, which may lead to infection!)
- When using your ointment use a tube and not a jar. Jars harbor bacteria which can cause infection!
- After a few days or so, your tattoo will peel! This is normal. Continue washing and applying ointment as directed until the peeling process is over. Do not pick or pull off the skin!
- Once all skin has peeled, switch to using a non scented lotion until your tattoo is healed!
Infection is always a possibility! It can happen as easy as not washing your hands before touching your tattoo! If irritation or infection occurs, contact your tattoo artist immediately! You may or may not need to see a physician.
- -Do NOT wash your tattoo with anything but your hands! No wash cloths, loofahs, paper towel, bath towels, etc.
- -Do NOT let anyone touch your tattoo!
- -Do NOT rewrap your tattoo! If you need to cover it, wear clean cotton shirt, socks, etc. Don't wear anything tight or restricting that can cause sweat.
- -Do NOT tan, and avoid direct sunlight until your tattoo is healed!
- -Do NOT let pets touch your tattoo, and avoid pet hair.
- -Avoid submerging your tattoo. Do NOT swim in pools, lakes, hot tubs, etc. Shower only until your tattoo if fully healed.